I’ve noticed that our fellowship of Summer Setting readers includes members from around the world representing many different nations and occupations, including ministers and those retired from ministry, students, professionals, moms and dads, and many people who are writers, poets, or otherwise enjoy writing. Every once in a while, someone writes to ask if I ever accept essays for my blog written by others, and I want to assure you, the answer is a resounding: Yes! If you’re a reader and have something you’d like to share, please send it to me!
The parameters are:
1. The material needs to be true to the Bible and hopefully inspired by the Holy Spirit’s work in your life.
2. Submissions can be any length, but unless it’s a short poem (which can work fine), most posts are between 250-600 words.
3. If you have a photo (or photos) to illustrate, please include them.
4. Because the goal of Summer Setting is to uplift and encourage people in their faith, it would be ideal to have a scripture verse that relates to your topic. If you can’t think of one, I’ll try to come up with something appropriate.
5. Send your text and photos to me as an email. (My address is my entire name written out as one word [kathrynwarmstrong] at gmail.) I’ll proof it and send it back to you for your approval. We can work together until we’re both happy. Interested? Please don’t be shy! Take up your pen and share with our fellowship! The mysterious Body of Christ is both local and universal, and as such, we can all minister to each other without degrees or credentials! It’s not who we are, but what the Lord is teaching us!!
“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord” (Colossians 3:16).